Minimum Cancellation and Settlement Policy
1. Termination by the Student
Students who have not visited the school facility prior to enrollment will have the opportunity to withdraw without penalty within three business days following either attendance at a regularly scheduled orientation or following a tour of the school facilities and inspection of equipment.
If the student wishes to terminate this agreement. the student must inform the school director in writing of the termination. which will become effective on the day such writing is mailed. The school will make refunds to all programs and the student within 30 days and all other programs within 45 days of the date of determination by the school that the student ceased attending.
2. Termination by the School
If the school terminates the student due to:
The school will make refunds to the student within 30 days and all other programs within 45 days of the date of determination by the school that the student ceased attending.
3. Special Cases
In case of prolonged illness or accident. death in the family, or other circumstances that make it impractical to complete the program, the school shall make a settlement which is reasonable and fair to both parties.
A. FEDERAL RETURN OF TITLE IV FUNDS - SECTION 484B OF THE HEA
The return of Title IV funds as prescribed in section 484B of the HEA Amendments determines the amount of Title IV aid a student has earned at the time a student withdraws. The amount of Title IV aid a student has not earned is then returned to the Title IV programs. It is a proportional calculation based on the date of withdrawal through sixty percent (60%) of the payment period.
The formula in brief is as follows:
After this process has been completed. the institution will then perform the calculation of a student refund. The refund policy is as follows:
B. STATE MANDATED REFUND POLICY
1. The termination date for refunds computation purposes is the last day of actual attendance. State mandated charges will be based on "scheduled hours." Scheduled hours is the number of clock hours a student should have completed based on contracted number of hours per week (from actual start date to last day of attendance, less school holidays and closings).
2. If you terminate this agreement within five business days you will receive a refund of all monies paid. provided that you have not commenced the program.
3. If you subsequently terminate this agreement prior to the commencement of the program you will receive a refund of all monies paid, less the actual reasonable administrative costs described in paragraph 4.
4. If you terminate this agreement after the initial five day period, you will be responsible for actual reasonable administrative costs incurred by the school to enroll you and to process your application, which administrative costs shall not exceed $100.00 or 5% of the contracted price, whichever is less.
5 FIRST WEEK: For a student terminating training after entering school and starting the course of training but within the first week, the tuition charges made by the school shall not exceed 10% of the contracted price of the course plus $100.00.
6. AFTER FIRST WEEK: For a student terminating training after one week but within the first 25% of the course, the tuition charges made by the school shall not exceed 25% of the contracted price plus $100.00.
7 2ND QUARTER: If you terminate this agreement during the second quarter of the program, you will receive a refund of at least 50% of the tuition, less the actual reasonable administrative costs described in paragraph 4.
8. 3RD QUARTER: If you terminate this agreement during the third quarter of the program, you will receive a refund of at least 25% of the tuition. less the actual reasonable administration costs described in paragraph 4.
9 4TH QUARTER: The school is not obligated to provide any refunds if you terminate this agreement during the fourth quarter of the program.
All students enrolled in the 1000-hour Barber/Styling program or the 500 hour Cosmetology Crossover program, must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 70 per cent based on cumulative scores for all written and practical criteria administered during the program. Students will receive a progress report each time they complete approximately 22% of their contracted hours.
All students must complete the required 1000-hours of training within 1500 scheduled hours or they will be dismissed from the program. All students must complete the required 500-hour Cosmetology Crossover program within 750 scheduled hours or they will be dismissed from the program.
Students must attend 67% of their total contracted hours from the first day of attendance to the end of the evaluation period (each month). Students must also attend a minimum of 50% of the monthly contracted hours. Students who do not meet either of the above criteria will be placed on probation for a period of (30) days. At the end of the (30) day probationary period the student's attendance will be reviewed and if the students have not met their 67% attendance obligation , they will be terminated for 'lack of attendance.'
An incomplete grade will be considered a failure when a student fails to make-up or retake a missed or failed scheduled exam within 30 days after his/her monthly review. The failed grade or a grade of "O" will be applied towards his/her cumulative average.
The school does not have a policy for course repetitions or remedial courses since they are not applicable.
Students who leave the program(s) prior to completion of all program requirements will be graded as follows:
Comparable Program Information
Information on comparable programs regarding tuition and program length may be obtained by contacting the following:
Commission of Career Schools/Colleges of Technology
All students are allowed a maximum of 10% unexcused absences at no additional charge. Students enrolled in the 1000 hour Barber/Styling program or the 500 hour Cosmetology crossover program will receive 100 or 50 free unexcused hours respectively. Any missed hours beyond the maximum allowed will be charged to the student at the rate of $11.15 per hour.
|Please contact us at 617-770-4444|